Sunday, July 21, 2019

Young lady Mary

Young  lady Mary walks on the meadowland
composing a romantic pentameter twixt
the sovereign trees, meantime the zephyr sound
and her Iambic knitting intermix.

So amorous, she paces on the ground,
where gracefully the butterflies romance,
divine her inspiration, in command,
requires in verse the nature's élégance.

Her carefree Alexia-dog is jumpsing round the trees
so blithely at the insects laughs and woofs,
the bees encounter blooms inside the breeze
and harvest nectar nighly and aloof.

Whate'er the maiden's inspiration forms
disperses round the flowers and the trees,
the dreamy pentameter, hence, transforms
to abstract lines the buzzing bees appease.

'Woof hither not, ungrateful doggy mine,
my lines' last syllables repose unstressed;
while thou art dancing round the blooms and pines,
I'll miss the deadline of the great contést.

Apollo, bless my metered création
and countenance me as thy designee
while I pronounce my heart's déposition
to be perpetually thy devotee.'