Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Laughing moon

My seaward route recounts the night's mistrust,
declaims untruths upon the water wakes,
resounding the wind transmits my past
with demons prompting me to our mistakes.

They are my ocean pals! From dark sea depths
saltate and dance, attired like buffoons,
concording violins and brass trumpets
to gallivant around with looney tunes.

Meantime the stars, elusive, send their spark,
my pals essay in boats with wooden laughs,
discerning critics of our ghostly barque,
where waxen maids regale on moon's behalf.

Enchanting group! A theater folklore,
with drunk musicians and chords untuned,
ineptly smile with swollen lips to yore,
in front of a half-hidden laughing moon.

On empty quarry play guitar slack strings,
hoarse flutes, vociferous trombones and lyres,
my joker pals saltate in air and sing,
conveying to the moon their laughs and tears.

Expressing joy absorb my stare and thought,
with silver amulets and oracles foretold,
away they glide to destinations wrought,
where sovereign seas enfold the brave and bold.

Saluting me, a dancer higher jumps
('mid pandemonium tunes - on marble delf!)
and as the laughing chorus plays paeans,
avaunt he sails resembling myself.

29-10-2013 © Georgios Venetopoulos All rights reserved
(Iambic Pentameter)